1 Peter 1:17
Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
Show proper respect to everyone.
Show respect for all people, treat them honorably.
Love the family of believers.
Love the brotherhood of believers.
Honor the emperor.
Honor the king.
- Honor widows who are really widows. But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show piety at home and to repay their parents; for this is good and acceptable before God.
- Women should adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.
- Resist the devil, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
- Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity.
- Peter: “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” Leaping up, he stood and walked and entered the temple with them walking, leaping, and praising God.
- Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
- Peter: “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
- Ten Commands: 1. No other gods 2. No image 3. No God's name in vain 4. Keep Sabbath 5. Honor parents 6. No murder 7. No adultery 8. No stealing 9. No false witness 10. No coveting
- 10 Commands: 1. No other gods 2. No image 3. No God's name in vain 4. Keep Sabbath 5. Honor parents 6. No murder 7. No adultery 8. No stealing 9. No false witness 10. No coveting
- Peter: “The stone which was rejected by you builders... has become the chief Cornerstone...There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”